A casual bowler may think that all bowling shoes are the same. They are not aware that bowling shoes contribute immensely to the performance of a bowler. If someone would like to excel in bowling, then they may want to consider getting their own pair of bowling shoes.
Here are 5 tips on how buy the best bowling shoes:
1. The price of the bowling shoes should be considered when on the hunt for a pair. Prices may vary depending on the durability and brand of these shoes. Prices for advanced and intermediate bowler’s shoes will be more expensive than beginner shoes. An amateur bowler or just a casual bowler, who bowls just to have fun, should choose less expensive shoes. There are shoes that may be purchased for as little as $40.
Get the proper fit
2. It is very important to select the proper size and the width of shoes. Try the shoes on before buying them(obviously). If that’s not possible and you must order shoes online and try them on at home, DO NOT WEAR THEM OUTSIDE. I suggest you actually put a large sock over the shoe so you don’t ruin the sliding pad on the bottom of the shoe in case the shoe doesn’t fit and you need to return it. You can’t return bowling shoes if the sliding pad is dirty, you won’t get a refund. The shoes should not fit too tight or be too loose on the feet so that they are comfortable and provide for mobility.
Are you right or left-handed?
3. There are also shoes available for right-handed bowlers and for left-handed bowlers. It is important to determine if the shoes are for left-handed persons if he is left-handed because each shoe in a pair has its own purpose. One shoe is for sliding while the other shoe is for braking. If a person is left-handed, then he should choose a shoe where the right side is for sliding and the left for braking, visa versa. These are typically shoes really serious or even professional bowlers wear since they tend to be a bit expensive.
If you have to rent your bowling shoes at the alley, you won’t get to select left or right handed bowling shoes. This is another major reason that anyone who loves to bowl on a regular basis will purchase their own shoes.
Do you need extra features?
4. You may also want to choose bowling shoes that have sliding pads that can be changed, padded linings or have cushioned insoles. Bowling shoes with these features can provide much comfort for bowlers. The shoes are also used to support and minimize the movement of the feet in the shoes. They will help with maintaining balance while sliding on the lanes.
Although, if you’re just starting out, chances are you won’t need these extra features. When you’re just starting out there’s so many other skills you should be focusing on rather than if your shoes have removable sliding pads.
plus bowling shoes with these added features tend to run a bit expensive.
Do your research before buying
5. It is important to do your research and shop around before choosing a pair of bowling shoes. Bowling shoes can be found in some sporting goods stores, bowling alleys that have proshops and online.
You might be apart of a Facebook group or in a local league and ask “what are the best bowling shoes?” And get tons of different answers. Don’t just take everyone elses word for it. What works well for others might not work well for you, which is why you should do your own research.
It is recommended that an expert in bowling(such as a pro shop owner) be asked which brands they have tried, tested and what to look for in a bowling shoe if you’re unsure. It could be possible they name a brand you haven’t heard of that could work great for you.
The reason for that is fairly simple. If you have never owned a pair of bowling shoes before you might think they are just like any other shoe. Well, they are…and they aren’t. If the bowling shoes do not fit properly then it is distracting. When you have your own pair of bowling shoes then they become an extension of your feet, they fit properly and feel good and you get used to their little quirks and the way they glide on the lane.
Bowling shoes today are much more fashionable than in times past. Some look more like sneakers. Of course you can still buy the more traditional appearing shoe. In fact, bowling shoes come in a wide variety of styles and colors as it isnt the outward appearance of the shoe, but rather the sole which plays an important part in the game of bowling.
Bowling shoes must be cared for properly and never worn outside of the bowling alley and certainly never worn on the street. And since bowling shoes are vitally important to your ability to be able to bowl with precision, you want to take the effort to get the best shoes possible.